YIELD: Serves 8
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup roasted butternut squash cubes
- ½ cup cubed whole wheat sourdough bread toasted in oven with olive oil, salt and pepper
- Roast cubed butternut squash tossed in 1 tbsp olive oil in a 400 degree preheated oven for 25-30 minutes until browned. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the stock and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in the quinoa and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 12 minutes, or until the quinoa has absorbed all the liquid.
- Meanwhile, pour olive oil into large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the onion mixture from the heat and add the quinoa to the pan. Stir in the sage and salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Transfer the stuffing to an 8-inch square pan. Add bread and roasted butternut squash. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Toss with hazelnuts and pomegranate seeds before serving.
- Garnish with parsley and ENJOY!